BVV™ High Purity Isopropyl Alcohol 99% USP
Isopropyl alcohol, also known as 2-propanol or rubbing alcohol, is one of the most common alcohol solutions.
The exact mechanism behind isopropanol’s disinfectant is not certain, however, it’s believed to kill cells through the process of denaturing cell proteins and DNA, dissolving cell lipoprotein membranes, and obstructing cellular metabolism. Isopropanol has a range of applications and uses across multiple industries, from medicine to cosmetics, and we explore this below.
Cleaning Agent for Extraction, Laboratory, and Medical Industries
In addition, 99% pure isopropyl alcohol serves as a cleaning agent for the laboratory, medical, and extraction industries. Mixed with water, this solution can be used as a rubbing-alcohol antiseptic. Quality solvents are vital for cleaning delicate electronics, extraction equipment, and other sensitive items. It also makes a perfect solution for surface disinfectant. 99% IPA evaporates cleanly and minimizes residual substances.
Cleaning Agent for Home Care
A truly versatile solution used in a variety of applications, isopropyl can also serve as a home cleaning remedy. For example, many window and toilet bowl cleaners contain isopropyl alcohol. rubbing alcohol can dissolve icky residues such as chewing gum, sap, hairspray, and other difficult compounds from hands, surfaces, and more. Other ways isopropyl can be used:
- Cleaning makeup brushes
- Cleaning blinds
- Cleaning sinks and chrome
- Deodorizing shoes
- Disinfecting computer mouse and keyboard
- Disinfecting mobile phone
- Dissolving windshield frost
- Getting rid of fruit flies
- Cleaning jewelry
- Creating homemade sanitizer
- Preventing ring around the collar
- Cleaning stainless steel
Other Things to Note
- Spigots/Faucets are only compatible with 5 Gallon Jugs and must be purchased separately
- Trigger Sprayer is only compatible with 1QT and 1 Gallon sizes
- Isopropyl alcohol is a fast-evaporating solvent and industrial cleaning agent, intended for industrial or professional use only. It can be used as a solvent for gums, shellac, and essential oils. Can be used as a fuel additive.
- Isopropyl Alcohol (liquid) - 99.8% Purity
- Shelf Life - 5 years
- Specific Gravity - 0.79
- Vapor Pressure - 1psi @ 20°C
- Flash Point - 12°C
- Boiling Point - 82°C
*Disclaimer: 1 Quart Bottles are exempt from additional Hazmat shipping charges and can ship immediately, Less paperwork for shipping is required for shipping only 1 single bottle per order.