LIMITED WARRANTY FOR
BEST VALUE VACS BRANDED PRODUCTS
Best Value Vacs (“BVV”) warrants that the Best Value Vacs branded products described below in “WARRANTED PRODUCTS” (each a “Covered Product”) will be free from defects in materials or workmanship, when used under normal conditions. This limited warranty, as further described below, is the sole and exclusive warranty of any kind made by BVV to its Customers. BVV makes no warranties of any product not sold under BVV brand.
PERSONS ENTITLED TO WARRANTY
The above limited warranty is made only to original end-use, retail purchasers (“Original Purchasers”), who purchased a Covered Product in its original packaging directly from BVV or a BVV authorized reseller. If the Covered Product was purchased from someone other than BVV or an authorized BVV reseller or if the Covered Product was used prior to purchase, the person purchasing the Covered Product is not an Original Purchaser. If a person received the Covered Product as a gift from an Original Purchaser and the Original Purchaser identified the product as a gift at the time of checkout, then the gift recipient shall be considered an Original Purchaser for purpose of this limited warranty.
This limited warranty applies only to Covered Products – those BVV branded products described below in “WARRANTED PRODUCTS” – purchased by Original Purchaser in original BVV packaging. This limited warranty does not apply to any BVV branded product not described in “WARRANTED PRODUCTS.” This limited warranty does not apply to any product that is not BVV branded; the Customer must directly contact the Third Party Manufacturer of any non-BVV branded product for any warranty which such Third Party Manufacturer may provide. In addition, products purchased at auction or as Clearance or Refurbished Products are not Covered Products and are sold without Warranty of any kind.
PERIOD OF COVERAGE
The term of the limited warranty starts on the date of purchase and expires at 5:00 p.m. Central Time on the last day of the period shown for that product under “WARRANTED PRODUCTS” below. Claims made after expiration of the applicable term will not be honored.
THIRD PARTY BRANDED PRODUCTS
Products manufactured by or branded by parties other than BVV (each a “THIRD PARTY MANUFACTURER”) are not warranted by BVV. Customers must refer to the Third Party Manufacturer’s warranty policies (if any) or contact the Third Party Manufacturer direct for any warranty claim or support. Under “THIRD PARTY MANUFACTURER” below is a list of certain Third Party Manufacturers whose products are sold through BVV with links to their websites. This information is provided strictly for the convenience of Customers; BVV makes no representation as to the accuracy of the links or whether they are current.
EXCLUSIONS FROM COVERAGE
This limited warranty does not apply to (a) ordinary wear and tear or damage otherwise due to normal aging of the product; (b) defect or damage resulting from accident; misuse; abnormal use; abuse; abnormal conditions; improper storage; exposure to liquid, moisture, dampness, sand or dirt; neglect; unusual physical, electrical or electromechanical stress; fire; earthquake; or other external cause; (c) scratches, dents or other cosmetic damage; (d) defects or damage resulting from excessive force; (e) consumable parts, such as batteries and filters; (f) any product, the serial number of which has been removed, defaced, damaged, altered or made illegible; (g) defects or damage resulting from the use of the product in conjunction or connection with accessories or equipment not approved by BVV (including but not limited to, unapproved converters -- see “VOLTAGE WARNINGS” below); (h) failure to comply with “VACUUM PUMP WARNINGS” below; (i) any product which has been modified or altered; (j) any glassware or glass parts.
BVV SERVICE OBLIGATION AND CUSTOMER REMEDY
The limited warranty above is the only express warranty that BVV provides for Covered Products, and the original Customer’s sole remedy and recourse for breach of the limited warranty is as set forth in this Section. If the Covered Product contains a defect in material or workmanship covered by the limited warranty, the original Customer must, prior to the end of the applicable Period of Coverage, submit its claim to BVV in writing either by email at Support@shopbvv.com or by regular mail, courier or hand delivery to BVV’s corporate offices at 1251 Frontenac Road, Suite 150, Naperville, Illinois 60563 (or such other address as BVV may post on its website https://www.bestvaluevacs.com as its main office). The claim shall be deemed received by BVV two (2) hours after the time the Original Customer sends the email (unless the sender receives an automated message that the email has not been delivered) or upon actual receipt by BVV if delivery is by any other manner. BVV may require the Original Customer to provide the original invoice or other proof of purchase and electronic photographs of the alleged defect. BVV’s sole obligation with respect to a defect covered by the limited warranty is, at its option, to:
- Repair the Covered Product using new or previously used parts that are equivalent to new in performance and reliability; or
- Replace the Covered Product with the same model, or a product that has similar functionality, formed from new and/or previously used parts that are equivalent to new in performance and reliability; or
- Exchange the Covered Product for a refund of the purchase price.
The term of the limited warranty for any repairs or replacements made under this Section shall expire on the later of (a) the expiration of the original limited warranty Period of Coverage or (b) ninety (90) days following the date of shipment of the repaired or replacement Covered Product to Original Customer. If BVV requests that Original Customer return the Covered Product to BVV, Original Purchaser shall follow all of BVV’s instructions for return and shall be responsible for any and all freight charges and insurance, which shall be in at least the amount of the original purchase price. BVV, as its option, may make available to Customer use of BVV’s selected carrier and negotiated shipping rates.
- BVV advertises the voltage of all vacuum pumps, heat pads, and ovens. BVV will ship dual voltage appliances if advertised and when available.
- It is the CUSTOMER’S RESPONSIBILITY to know what voltage is required for Customer’s power grid. It shall not be deemed a defect if the voltage of the Covered Product is not compatible with the Original Customer’s power grid, or if any damage occurs to pumps from incompatible power inputs.
- Not all power converters are compatible with BVV branded Products. CUSTOMER MUST NOT USE ANY POWER CONVERTER WITH ANY BVV BRANDED PRODUCT WITHOUT FIRST OBTAINING WRITTEN APPROVAL FROM BVV FOR USE OF A SPECIFIC POWER CONVERTER WITH A PARTICULAR BVV BRANDED PRODUCT. Customer must contact BVV Customer Support Team, Support@shopbvv.com to obtain approval.
- If Customer uses a BVV branded Product with a power converter without BVV’s Written Consent or if the BVV branded Product comes standard as 110/120V power and is used outside the US or Canada, the limited warranty shall be void. NO EXCEPTIONS.
VACUUM PUMP WARNINGS
Customers using solvents such as stabilization resins (Cactus JuiceTM, MinWaxTM, Gator VenomTM etc.), alcohol and other polar solvents must use the vacuum pumps in conjunction with a cold trap for evacuations. Stabilization resins have the ability to break down the internal components of the pump that are plastic resulting in a seized motor voiding all warranties. These solvents begin to vaporize and the then re-condense in the vacuum pump reservoir. If enough solvent re-condenses in the pump displacing the oil, the plastic internal components may begin to wrap, melt, or seize. The use of the cold trap will condense the vapors prior to making their way to the vacuum pump preventing pump damage due to excessive use. Minwax Wood HardenerTM is not to be used with any vacuum pumps, EVER. (A seized motor can result with only one use.) No vacuum pump shall be used for any period of time exceeding 5 minutes without a cold trap. Customer must change Oil after each vacuum pump use. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH ANY OF THE ABOVE WARNINGS WILL VOID THE LIMITED WARRANTY IN ITS ENTIRETY.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTIES
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE WARRANTIES AND REMEDIES CONTAINED IN BVV’S LIMITED WARRANTY ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF, AND BVV EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS, ALL OTHER WARRANTIES AND REMEDIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, STATUTORY REMEDY OR OTHERWISE. TO THE EXTENT ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY MAY NOT BE DISCLAIMED UNDER THE MAGNUSON-MOSS ACT, 15 U.S.C. §§2301-2312, THEN ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE SPECIFIC PERIOD OF COVERAGE OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
THE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF BVV UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS EXPRESSLY LIMITED TO THE LESSER OF THE PRICE ORIGINAL CUSTOMER PAID FOR THE COVERED PRODUCT OR THE COST OF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF THAT COVERED PRODUCT OR ANY COMPONENT OR PART THAT MALFUNCTIONS IN CONDITIONS OF NORMAL USE. EXCEPT AS INDICATED ABOVE, IN NO EVENT WILL BVV BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES CAUSED BY THE COVERED PRODUCT OR THE FAILURE OF THE COVERED PRODUCT TO PERFORM, INCLUDING ANY LOST PROFITS OR SAVINGS OR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. BVV IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM MADE BY A THIRD PARTY OR MADE BY ORIGINAL PURCHASER FOR A THIRD PARTY. THIS LIMITATION OR LIABILITY APPLIES WHETHER DAMAGES ARE SOUGHT, OR A CLAIM MADE, UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY OR AS A TORT CLAIM (INCLUDING NEGLIGENE AND STRICT PRODUCT LIABILITY), A CONTRACT CLAIM, OR ANY OTHER CLAIM. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY CANNOT BE WAIVED OR AMENDED BY ANY PERSON. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY WILL BE EFFECTIVE EVEN IF ORIGINAL CUSTOMER HAS ADVISED BVV OR AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF BVV OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH DAMAGES.
CHOICE OF LAW
All internet sales shall be deemed made in the State of Illinois, DuPage County, for purposes of this limited warranty, and the laws of the State of Illinois shall govern its interpretation and effect. To the extent permissible by law, the jurisdiction and venue for any legal proceedings under this limited warranty shall be the State courts located in DuPage County, Illinois or the Federal courts located in the North East District of the State of Illinois.
If any provision or part of a provision of this limited warranty is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision or part of the provision is deemed severable from the warranty and does not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
- VE Series – 1 year
- BVV Pro Series – 1 years
- BVV Diaphragm – 1 year
- ECO – 90 days
- Solvent Pro – 1 year
- Neocision – 1 year
- BVV – 90 days
- ECO – 2 years
- Neocision – 3 years
- Forced Air Ovens – 2 years
- BVV – 90 days
- Open Blast Extractors – 1 year
- Closed Column Extractors – 1 year
- Closed Loop System – 1 year
- Rack Units – 1 year
- 10LB PSI Certified Poseidon – Limited lifetime
- 30 Day Warranty
- 1 Year Warranty
- BVV – 30 days*
- SVac – 30 days*
- Glass Vac – 30 days*
- Resin Traps – 30 days*
- Heat Pads – 90 days
- Koby / Carbon Exhaust – 30 days
- Quadpods – 90 days
- Manifolds/Assembly – 30 days
* 30 day limited manufacturer's warranty from product defect. Defect or damage caused by reasons such as: user misuse (including but not limited to: implosion caused my improper positioning of vacuum chamber lid to vessel or using incompatible solvents), and improper storage are not covered under this warrantyChillers/Heaters
- BVV – 1 year
- Spools/Bases/Endcaps/Reducers/Condensers – 1 year
- Sight Glasses – 30 days
- Solvent Tanks – 1 year
Consumables (including but not limited to)
- Solvents– No warranty*
- Filtration/Gaskets – 30 days
- Rosin Bags – 30 days*
- Hoses – 30 days
- Scales – 30 days
- Gauges – 30 days
- Vacuum Grease – 30 days*
- Terpenes – No warranty*
- Cartridges- No warranty*
* Consumables are ineligible for returnsGlassware/Accessories
- Digital Heating and Stirring Mantles – 90 days
- Accessories to Short Path Distillation, Rotary Evaporators, and Filtration – 30 days*
- Glass Syringes- No warranty
- BVV Fittings/Adapters/Tees- 30 days
- BVV Clamps- 30 days
- KF25 Parts- 30 days
- All Glassware - No warranty
- Quick Disconnects- 30 days
- Valves - 30 days
- Stand alone Racks- 30 days (Assembled by us).
- Stand alone Racks - No warranty (Comes disassembled)
* 30 day limited manufacturer's warranty from product defect (excludes consumables & glassware). Defect or damage caused by reasons such as: user misuse, improper storage, improper care, etc. are not covered under this warranty.