Edwards E2M28 21 CFM Dual-Stage High Capacity Vacuum Pump
***Note: This item Will Ship by Freight only***
The EM range of oil‑sealed rotary pumps – renowned for their high ultimate vacuum, rapid pumping speed, quiet operation and ability to handle vapor – have become the industry standard for laboratory and light industrial applications. The pump is a freestanding unit with the drive provided through a flexible coupling by either a single‑phase or three‑phase (four pole) air cooled motor.
Each EM pump is supplied with 2 x 1 liter of Ultragrade 19 oil, O ring and centering ring, two Allen keys and spares seal for oil drain and filter plugs. For PFPE prepared FX pumps Fomblin® to be ordered separately.
The motor is totally enclosed and is cooled by the motor-cooling fan which directs air along the motor fins. The motors are fitted with a thermal overload device. When the motor is too hot, the thermal overload device switches off the pump. The thermal overload device has an automatic reset; when the motor cools down, the device resets and the motor will restart.
An oil pressure system lubricates the pump shaft bearing surfaces and rotor sealing faces. The pump has an oil distribution valve which prevents discharge of oil to the pump interior after the pump stops. The pumping chambers are air-tight, so this arrangement also prevents suckback unless the gas ballast valve is open.
You can inspect the level and condition of oil in the oil box reservoir through the oil sight-glass. An oil filler-plug is fitted to the top of the oil box. The pump has two oil drain-plugs to allow either gravity oil drain or pressure oil drain.
Features and Benefits
- The pump is designed for reliable, long‑term operation.
- Thermal overload device prevents overheating (single phase only).
- The drive is provided through a flexible coupling by a single‑phase or three‑phase (four pole) motor.
- The motors are totally enclosed and are cooled by the motor cooling fan.
- Full height O ring sealed oil sight glass for easy checking of oil level and condition.
- Large sight glass and operating oil range.
- IE3 energy efficient 3 phase motor used with E2M28.
Edwards E2M28 21 CFM Dual-Stage High Capacity Vacuum Pump. The EM range of oil-sealed rotary pumps - renowned for its high ultimate vacuum, rapid pumping speed, quiet operation and ability to handle vapour - has become the industry standard laboratory and light industrial applications.
The E2M28 pump is a two-stage, direct drive, sliding vane pump. The pump is oil sealed and designed for reliable, long-term operation in both laboratory and industrial environments. The pump is a freestanding unit with the drive provided through a flexible coupling by either a single-phase or three-phase (four-pole) motor.
32.2 m3h-1 / 19 ft3min-1
38.9 m3h-1 / 22.3 ft3min-1
|Speed (Pneurop 6602)
27.5 m3h-1 / 16.2 ft3min-1
33.0 m3h-1 / 19.5 ft3min-1
|Ultimate vacuum (total pressure)
||without gas ballast
||1 x 10-3 mbar / 7.5 x 10-4 Torr
|with gas ballast
||1.5 x 10-2 mbar / 1.1 x 10-2 Torr
||1 x 10-2 mbar / 7.5 x 10-3 Torr
||Nozzle 15 mm external Ø removable from 3/4 in BSP tapped hole
|Max allowed pressure at outlet
||0.5 bar gauge / 7 psig
|Max water vapour pumping rate – GB II
|Max inlet pressure for water vapour
||30 mbar / 23 Torr
|Max water vapour pumping rate
0.7 kg h-1
|Operating temperature range
||13 – 40 °C
|Nominal rotation speed
||1440 / 1720 rpm
|Motor power 50 Hz
|Motor power 60 Hz
|Power Connector 1-ph*
||IEC EN60320 C19
||44 kg / 97 lbs
||57 dB(A) @ 50 Hz
|Oil capacity - max
|Oil capacity - min
|Recommended oil (supplied)
* Pumps listed with IEC connector only
** The FX are supplied with NW25 outlet connection
** POWER CORD NOT INCLUDED. RECOMMEND FOR CUSTOMER TO WIRE PUMP TO OUTLET WITH EXACT LENGTH. DO NOT USE EXTENSIONS**
**RECOMMEND FOR CUSTOMER TO HAVE ELECTRICIAN WIRE PUMP TO OUTLET WITH EXACT LENGTH**
Pump Warranty Information
- Customers using solvents such as stabilization resins (MinWax™, Gator Venom™ etc.), alcohol and other polar solvents must use the vacuum pumps in conjunction with a cold trap for evacuations in excess of 5 minutes. (Excludes Cactus Juice™)
- If the consumer is using the pump for prolonged periods of time exceeding 5 minutes we require that a cold trap is used or the pump warranty is void.
- These stabilization resins have the ability to break down the internal components of the pump that are plastic resulting in a seized motor voiding all warranties.
- When evacuation exceeds 5 minutes these solvents begin to vaporize and then re-condense in the vacuum pump reservoir. Once enough solvent re-condenses in the pump displacing the oil the plastic internal components may begin to warp, melt or seize. The use of a cold trap will condense the vapors prior to making their way to the vacuum pump preventing pump damage due to excessive use. Furthermore, Minwax Wood Hardener™ is not to be used with any vacuum pumps, EVER. (A seized motor will result within the first use.)
- To prevent these issues from happening to your process, change the Oil after each vacuum pump use, Even if the use time is only 5min.