Cascade CVO-2 PRO Vacuum Package
The CVO-2 PRO Package is a 2 cubic foot, benchtop vacuum oven with a powerful, 5.4 CFM oil-free scroll pump. It is an ideal benchtop set up for vacuum drying or purging temp sensitive material but at faster rates, with deeper vacuum and optimized vapor flow rates. This complete system will liberate solvents, water or other unwanted compounds in a small batch, laboratory environments.
CVO-2 PRO Package Includes:
- CVO-2 vacuum oven
- 5 aluminum shelves in 1″, 2″ and 3″ heights for varied configurations
- Agilent IDP7, 5.4CFM dry scroll pump
- MAXEVAP vacuum oven to pump connection kit. This special connection kit optimizes flow rates with a large 1″ dia exit path out of oven, large, vacuum rated 1″ diameter lines, a large 1″ diameter vacuum valve and into the 1″ diameter vacuum pump inlet. At no time is the out-gas load restricted or flow reduced. Also includes the KF-25 hardware.
- Easily connect another vacuum oven to the large pumping system to increase capacity and save on future costs.
- Both oven and pump can run off a single dedicated 120V / 1ph / 20 AMP circuit. Both oven and pump can be built/ configured to run on 220V / 1ph
- CVO-2 Vacuum Oven
- NRTL Certified by TUV
- 5 shelves (11.5″W x 19″D) in a flexible configuration. Stack-able and removable
- Stable temperature control. Digital temperature readout with temp sensor INSIDE the oven
- Bright LED lights in window for visibility of sensitive material
- Digital vacuum gauge reads in inches of mercury
- Simple, set-point control
- Smooth, quarter-turn vacuum and vent valves
- Rear KF-25 port allows for rapid MAXEVAP purging or running feedthroughs inside oven for monitoring
- 120V (220V available)
- Quality Tempered Rated Glass NGI-US to ANSI Z97.1.2007 156CFR/201 11 SGCC -2577 ½ UA
- Adjustable leveling feet ensure oven sits solid and level in the workspace
- CVO-2 Connections
- 3/8″ Barb for Vacuum Pump
- 1/4″ Barb for Venting (N2 Connection OK)
- KF-25 Port for feedthroughs or MAXEVAP Connection Kit
Agilent IDP7 Dry Scroll Pump Features
- Oil-Free. Eliminates contamination risk. Will not smoke out exhaust, no filter required.
- Quiet (for a vacuum pump)
- 5.4 CFM pumping speed
- Ultimate vacuum: 2 x 10-2 Torr
- 120V or 220V / 1ph power – flexible configuration
- Adjustable “gas ballast” allows for better solvent tolerance / ingestion
- Maintenance requires the replacement of a single “tip seal”. Low cost of ownership.
- Powerful enough to accommodate a second vacuum pump
Want Hotter Than 150°C (300°F)?
CVO-2-HT (High Temp) has a temperature range Up to 220°C (428°F)
The Cascade Difference
Vacuum ovens have been around for decades. Basic vacuum ovens are mass-produced and sold by many large scale laboratory equipment distributors. But there are key differences between Cascade and other inexpensive, often imported vacuum ovens:
Exceptional Temperature Control & Stability
The Cascade CVO-2 uses a unique control logic not found in most lab grade vacuum ovens. The temperature probe is INSIDE the oven, which minimizes temperature overshoot and delivers best-in-class temperature stability and uniformity particularly in the low temperature ranges. Accurate, stable temps throughout the CVO-2 eliminate hot and cold spots, making accurate use of every inch of shelf space.
Independent Over-temp Failsafe Protection
The Cascade Sciences CVO-2 is equipped with a heating cutoff system that will automatically stop power to the heaters when the oven shelf temps exceed 200°C or 392°F. This protection system will provide peace of mind for overnight processing or unattended vacuum bake outs.
NRTL Certification #U8 170464972 077. No Extra cost.
The CVO-2 Vacuum Oven comes certified by the Nationally Recognized Test Lab, TUV. This certification is a requirement by many municipalities.
CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 61010-1:2012
+UPD No. 1:2015-07 + UPD No. 2:2016-04
CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 61010-2-010:2015
Rigorous Quality Assurance in an ISO Certified, USA Manufacturing Facility
Cascade Sciences manufactures our ovens in Oregon, USA. We are proud of our ISO 9001 Certification/Accreditation. Each oven completes a series of quality assurance procedures before shipment:
Chambers are vacuum tested after welding for vacuum integrity
Electrical & mechanical safety is thoroughly tested in compliance with TUV requirements
Functional testing verifies user settable items consistent with most lab protocols/usage models
Temperature verification includes calibration & temp chamber uniformity following ASTM standards
Units are cleaned and packed in ISTA tested, certified packaging materials
Digital Vacuum Gauge
The digital vacuum gauge installed on the CVO-2 is factory default set to read in inches of mercury (“Hg) with a scale of 0 – 29.9”Hg. Change the unit of vacuum measurement to read in a wide variety of units from mmHg, bar psi, kPa, cm2, mmH20. Zero out the vacuum gauge to calibrate for just above sea level adjustments.
Equipped for Inert Gas Backfill. Built-In Safety Relief
Introduce inert gasses such as nitrogen, argon, helium, etc. as part of your process via the 1/4″ rear vent barb. The maximum backfill pressure is 15psi at the inlet. In an overpressure situation, a simple, built-in safety relief allows gasses to escape via a spring loaded tempered window.
Flexible Pumping / Feedthru Connection Ports
The CVO-2 ovens offer two different vacuum oven connection points. The standard connection is a 3/8″ dia barb located at the rear of the oven. It is connected to the vacuum valve level on the front control panel. For even faster evaporation, purging or drying consider upgrading to the MAXEVAP connection kit. The MAXEVAP connection kit secures to the oven’s rear 1″ dia KF-25 port located on the back center of the chamber. The MAXEVAP connection never reduces flow by continuing with 1” diameter vacuum rated clear lines, a 1” dia KF-25 side mounted vacuum valve and KF-25 fittings and hardware. This KF-25 port can also be used to run temperature feedthroughs, or monitoring sensors inside the vacuum chamber during processing.
Stackable Shelf Design For Maximum Temperature Conduction
Under vacuum, there is no air inside a vacuum oven. Temperatures are achieved by a process of conduction and radiation to move temperatures into the product inside the oven. Cascade’s stackable shelf design makes the most of this opportunity by making the chamber longer and narrower, rather than square and supplies stackable shelves in multiple height configurations to allow for the fastest, most uniform transfer of heat.
Ergonomically Designed, Easy Quarter-Turn Valves
For anyone that has struggled with consistently turning the small, round, low-quality vacuum/vent valves, relief is in sight. You will love our large, quarter-turn vacuum/vent valves. Your wrists will thank you!
ANSI Rated Tempered Glass + USA Made Steel
Cascade ovens are made in Oregon, USA with high quality materials. Our glass is NGI-USA Tempered and certified to ANSI Z97.1.2007 16CFR / 201 11. Our door handles are rugged brushed steel, not plastic. Our vacuum vessels are constructed with American made steel. We’ve tried lower cost, imported steel, but over time, vacuum chambers made of lesser quality/lower tolerance material cannot withstand the flex and pressure changes of vacuum pumping/venting/purging. This can deteriorate vacuum integrity and the oven will lose its ability to hold vacuum.
Door Gasket Options – Ideal For Your Process
Cascade’s vacuum ovens come standard with a High Temp Silicone Door Gasket. We also offer a Solvent resistent BUNA gasket as well. Ask us about the variety of door gaskets we can supply based on your application: Silicone, BUNA, Viton, Fluorosilicone. Gaskets will eventually wear out. It’s ideal to keep a few spares on hand.
|1.67 Cubic Ft. | 47.2 Cubic Liters
|12”W x 20”D x 12"H
|711mm x 609mm x 609mm
|18.8” W x 24.5” D x 24.5”H
|478mm x 622mm x 622mm
|Low-Temp Processing Range
|26°F to 250°F (121°C)
|+/- 1.5°F @ 105°F (40.5°C)
|+/- 0.4°F @ 105°F(40.5°C)
|Heat Up / Stabilization Time to 250°F
|120 minutes (to minimize overshoot)
|High-Temp CVO-10 (SVAC 9.3)
|Up to 428°F / 220°C
|+/- 6.5% of setpoint
|*Note that ambient laboratory conditions can affect temp performance.
|Side Mounted Round
|¼ Turn Lever
|¼ Turn Lever
|LED Strips (Rated to 150C)
|On low temp CVO-10 only
|Tempered NGI-US to ANSI Z97.1.2007
|Digital 0 to 29.9″Hg
|Digital Set Point
|Accurate Within 1°F
|Independent Overtemp Failsafe
|Inert Gas Introduction
|Use 1/4″ Vent Barb
|15 psi max inlet pressure
|110V – 120V / 1ph / 8A 50/60Hz
|NEMA 5-15R Power Outlet
|Comes with 5 Each. Fixed.
|Slide on rails, extend, stay in place. Aluminum
|11.5″W x 19″D
|50 lbs (22.7kgs)
|179 lb (81.2 kg)
|218 lbs (99 Kg)
|33″L x 33″W x 47″D
|NRTL TUV #U8 170464972 077
CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 61010-1:2012
+ UPD No. 1:2015-07 + UPD No. 2:2016-04
CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 61010-2-010:2015
|Agilent IDP3 Vacuum Pump
|Oil-Free, Scroll Pump
|120V | 1ph
|29.9 ”Hg | 2.5 x10-1 torr
|Solvent Resistant BUNA Option
|Rated to 105°C (221°F)
|Rated to 205°C (401°F)
|CVO-2-2 (220V) Power Specs
|220 – 240V / 1ph / 4A 50/60 Hz (Cord Included)
|NEMA 6-15R Power Outlet
|Gaskets Not Incuded
The CVO-2 comes in both low temp and high temp versions. The low temp version has excellent temperature uniformity for temperature sensitive material. The higher temp version, 220°C has a uniformity about 6.5% of setpoint. At time of order we will verify the high / low temp version you require.
*Temperature performance specifications are preformed in empty ovens. Performance can vary in ovens containing product.
$12,093.00 You will earn 12,093 points for this purchase.
- Want it cheaper? Call us for a wholesale or processor discount. 331-281-0154
- Join Loyalty+ and save 10-15% *Select items