Cascade CDO-5 Dry & Decarb Oven, 5 cu ft, 2 Mesh Bags
This item carries up to a 2 week lead time.
Cascade’s CDO-5 is purpose-built for bench-top, R&D drying and decarboxylation of material with additional features:
- Built-in Humidity Sensor assists in monitoring dryness
- Adjustable stainless steel shelves – 2 each
- 2 each FDA temp rated fine micron mesh bags for ground material – Mesh bags are required to prevent oven contamination and ground material loss.
This powerful benchtop forced air laboratory oven uses heated air to remove unwanted compounds from products that are not temperature sensitive. Our ovens feature horizontal airflow that enables more consistent distribution of air. They are designed to have uniform temperatures and airflow across the shelf space from right to left.
The CDO-5 includes a built-in humidity sensor and fine micron mesh bags for drying or decarboxylating powders or ground material.
- R&D, laboratory scale forced-air convection drying
- Decarboxylation processes
- Drying organic material. Drier material will yield better results than processing wet material. Removing as much moisture as possible pre-processing will save time in in the post process of vacuum purge and winterization.
Model CDO-5 Features
- Horizontal Airflow. The airflow moves uniformity across the shelf space from right to left
- Digital set-point control, timer and overtemp failsafe protection
- Humidity sensor displays relative humidity levels during process
- Stainless steel interior / Food lab-grade construction
- Includes 2 stainless steel shelves, height adjustable with mounting clips
- Includes 2 temp rated mesh bags for easy loading & uniform drying of messy powders, ground up or turbulent materials
- Triple wall construction the CDO-5 meets CE, UL and TUV requirements to keep work-spaces cool
- Quality made in Oregon USA
- 120V / 1ph / 14FLA NEMA 5-15P Plug Supplied (220V 1 PH Version available)
The Cascade Difference
Basic forced-air lab ovens are mass-produced and sold by many large scale laboratory equipment distributors. But there are key differences between Cascade and other less costly, often imported lab ovens:
Independent Overtemp Failsafe Protection
The Cascade Sciences CDO-5 is equipped with a heating cutoff system that will automatically stop power to the heaters when the overtemp setting is tripped. This protection system will provide peace of mind for overnight or unattended drying processing.
No Extra cost.
The CDO-5 Oven comes certified by the Nationally Recognized Test Lab, TUV. This certification is a requirement by many municipalities.
- CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 61010-1:2012
- +UPD No. 1:2015-07 + UPD No. 2:2016-04
- CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 61010-2-010:2015
Rigorous Quality Assurance in an ISO Certified, USA Manufacturing Facility
Cascade Sciences manufactures our ovens in Oregon, USA. We are proud of our ISO 9001 Certification/Accreditation. Each oven completes a series of quality assurance procedures before shipment:
- Electrical & mechanical safety is thoroughly tested in compliance with TUV requirements
- Functional testing verifies user settable items consistent with most lab protocols/usage models
- Temperature verification includes calibration & temp chamber uniformity following ASTM standards
- Units are cleaned and packed in ISTA tested, certified packaging materials
||4.9 Cubic Ft. / 138 Cubic Liters
||21” x 19.44” x 20.75”
534mm x 494mm x 527mm
||34.1” x 28.1” x 38.75”
866mm x 711mm x 984mm
||+2°C (36°F) above room temp to 180°C (350°F)
||@ 40°C (100°F): +/- .5°C (1°F)
@ 115°C (240°F): +/- 1°C (1.5°F)
@ 150°C (305°F): +/- 2°C (3°F)
|Heat up / Stabilization Time from 25°C (77°F) to 115°C (240°F)
||220 per hour @ 80°C (176°F)
|Linear Shelf Space Airflow
||145 Feet Per Min (44 Liters Per Min)
||Adjustable side vents.
||Adjustable. Top 2.75: Dia
|Exhaust Airflow @ 80°C (176°F)
||18.5 Feet Per Min (523.9 Liters Per Min)
||18.5 Feet Per Min (523.9 Liters Per Min)
|Fits 5 maximum
|Surface Area (W x D): 20.75″ x 19″
|Weight Capacity: 50lbs
||Comes with 2 Temp Rated Mesh Bags, fits four max
|Heat Deflection Temperature
|Glass Transition Temperature
|* Mesh bags are REQUIRED to prevent oven contamination and ground material loss.
|* Polypropylene products produced for some filtration applications are made from resin that complies with FDA regulations for food contact. The regulation compliance is product number dependent / specific.
|* Impact at cold temperatures is likely to cause strand cracking or breakage
NRTL TUV #U8 170464972 077
CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 61010-1:2012
+ UPD No. 1:2015-07 + UPD No. 2:2016-04
CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 61010-2-010:2015