CVO-2-HT Vacuum Oven
- NRTL Certified by TUV
- Flexible shelving configuration of 3 each (11.5″W x 19″D) stackable shelves
- Digital temperature readout with temp sensor INSIDE the oven
- High Temp Silicon Door Gasket
- Programmable temperature controller – ramps, soaks, save profiles
- Digital vacuum gauge reads in inches of mercury
- Smooth, quarter-turn vacuum and vent valves
- Rear KF-25 port allows for rapid MAXEVAP purging or running feedthroughs inside oven for monitoring
- Quality Tempered Rated Glass NGI-US to ANSI Z97.1.2007156CFR/201 11SGCC -2577 ½ UA
- Adjustable leveling feet insures your unit sits solid and level in the workspace
- ⅜” Barb for Vacuum Pump
- ¼” Barb for Venting (N2 Connection OK)
- KF-25 Port for feedthrus or MAXEVAP Connection Kit.
Exceptional Temperature Control & Stability
The Cascade CVO-2 uses a unique control logic not found in most lab grade vacuum ovens. The temperature probe is INSIDE the oven, which minimizes temperature overshoot and delivers best-in-class temperature stability and uniformity particularly in the low temperature ranges. Accurate, stable temps throughout the CVO-2 eliminate hot and cold spots, making accurate use of every inch of shelf space.
Independent Over-temp Failsafe Protection
The Cascade Sciences CVO-2 is equipped with a heating cutoff system that will automatically stop power to the heaters when the oven shelf temps exceed 200°C or 392°F. This protection system will provide peace of mind for overnight processing or unattended vacuum bake outs.
NRTL Certification #U8 170464972 077. No Extra cost.
The CVO-2 Vacuum Oven comes certified by the Nationally Recognized Test Lab, TUV. This certification is a requirement by many municipalities.
- CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 61010-1:2012
- +UPD No. 1:2015-07 + UPD No. 2:2016-04
- CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 61010-2-010:2015
- UL 61010-1:2012/R:2016-04
- UL 61010-2-010:2015
- EN 61010-1:2010
- EN 61010-2-010:2014
Rigorous Quality Assurance in an ISO Certified, USA Manufacturing Facility
Cascade Sciences manufactures our ovens in Oregon, USA. We are proud of our ISO 9001 Certification/Accreditation. Each oven completes a series of quality assurance procedures before shipment:
- Chambers are vacuum tested after welding for vacuum integrity
- Electrical & mechanical safety is thoroughly tested in compliance with TUV requirements
- Functional testing verifies user settable items consistent with most lab protocols/usage models
- Temperature verification includes calibration & temp chamber uniformity following ASTM standards
- Units are cleaned and packed in ISTA tested, certified packaging materials
Digital Vacuum Gauge
The digital vacuum gauge installed on the CVO-2 is factory default set to read in inches of mercury (“Hg) with a scale of 0 – 29.9”Hg. Change the unit of vacuum measurement to read in a wide variety of units from mmHg, bar psi, kPa, cm2, mmH20. Zero out the vacuum gauge to calibrate for just above sea level adjustments.
Equipped for Inert Gas Backfill. Built-In Safety Relief
Introduce inert gasses such as nitrogen, argon, helium, etc. as part of your process via the 1/4″ rear vent barb. The maximum backfill pressure is 15PSI. In an overpressure situation, a simple, built-in safety relief allows gasses to escape via a spring loaded tempered window.
Flexible Pumping / Feedthru Connection Ports
The CVO-2 ovens offer two different vacuum oven connection points. The standard connection is a 3/8″ dia barb located at the rear of the oven. It is connected to the vacuum valve level on the front control panel. For even faster evaporation, purging or drying consider upgrading to the MAXEVAP connection kit. The MAXEVAP connection never reduces flow by continuing with 1” diameter vacuum rated clear lines, a 1” dia KF-25 side mounted vacuum valve and KF-25 fittings and hardware. This KF-25 port can also be used to run temperature feedthroughs, or monitoring sensors inside the vacuum chamber during processing.
Stackable Shelf Design For Maximum Temperature Conduction
Under vacuum, there is no air inside a vacuum oven. Temperatures are achieved by a process of conduction and radiation to move temperatures into the product inside the oven.
Volume: 1.67 cu.ft (47.2 liters)
12″W x 20″D x 12″H (521mm x 788mm x 304mm)
20.5″W x 31″D x 26.3″H (521mm 788mm 667mm)
Unit Weight: 179 lb (81 kg)
Heat-Up Time to 80ºC: 70 min
Heat-Up Time to 150ºC: 120 min
Heat-Up Time to 220ºC: 175 min
Temperature Uniformity: +/- 6% of Set Point
Temperature Stability: +/- 0.2ºC at 150ºC
Operational Vacuum Range: 0-29.9 InHg
Number of Shelves Included: 3
Max Weight Per Shelf: 35 lbs (15.8kg)
Permitted Total Load 105 lbs (47.6 kg)
Gasket Type: Silicon
Access Port: 1″ Vacuum Port (KF-25)
Controls: Watlow EZ-ZONE Programmable
Interior Construction: 300 Series Stainless Steel
Exterior Construction: 20 Gauge Steel, Powder Coated
Wall Clearance, Each Side: 6″ (152mm)
Wall Clearance, Rear: 12″ (305mm)
Vertical Clearance: 12″ (305mm)
Shipping Weight: 218 lbs (99 kg)
Shipping Dimensions: 33″L x 33″W x 47″D (Class 85)
Electrical: 110V-120V, 1Ph, 10AMP, 50/60Hz
Nominal Power (Watts at 150ºC): 662
Safety Certifications: UL 61010-1, EN 61010-1, CSA 61020-1, CE
Warranty: 2 Year Limited Warranty