The Arometrix EXTRACTION FINDER is a real-time molecular monitoring system that enables extraction technicians to maximize extraction efficiency on every run.
Traditionally, the extraction process has been more of an art, where technicians rely on intuition, extract color, past experience, and other subjective techniques to change extraction parameters. This is an inefficient way to develop, optimize, or validate an extraction process.
Extraction laboratory technicians and managers can utilize this real-time molecular data to inform key process decisions, such as determining when the initial extraction is over. With the EXTRACTION FINDER, extraction technicians can scientifically track solvent saturation of active molecules, as well as undesirable compounds, to continuously improve extraction efficiency.
- Primary sensor installation location: Right after the material column
- Primary purpose: Tracking solvent saturation to determine when the extraction process (wash) is finished
- Secondary sensor installation location: Right after the filtration / CRC column
- Secondary purpose: Tracking the separation of undesirable compounds from the solution to ensure clean output material and maintain QA/QC
- Primary sensor installation location: Right after the centrifuge / wash basin
- Primary purpose: Tracking solvent saturation to determine wash completion
- Primary sensor installation location: Right after the agitation
- Primary purpose: Reduction of Chlorophyll and Lipids in output
Clean in Place (CIP) for Any Extractor
Primary sensor installation location: Anywhere
Primary purpose: Identifying leftover material in the extractor during a cleaning in place (CIP) run in between batches and ensuring equipment is clean for cGMP practices
DON’T JUST DO YOUR PROCESS. KNOW YOUR PROCESS.
Features & Details
Extraction Finder Sensor
- Standard 1.5″ tri-clamp fittings for easy installation
- Spectroscopic technology for instantaneous analytics
- Intrinsically-safe sensor electronics fully enclosed from all fluid
- Rated to 350 psi / ASME-compliant
- Collects and displays real-time molecular data in-line throughout the process
- High-quality, high-resolution touch screen
- Compatible with all Arometrix sensors
Key Software Features
Molecular Viewing – View up to 3 molecules simultaneously via two different graphing options; select from a list of molecules
Intensity Values – Observe numeric molecular intensity levels that correlate with potency
Data Logging – Record run data for traceability in our data review app
Software Updates – Upgrade to new software releases easily from the field
Powered by fluorescence spectroscopy
The AROMETRIX technology utilizes a principle known as fluorescence spectroscopy, a branch of science concerned with measuring molecules based on how they interact with light. The technology uses a spectrum of wavelengths over time to determine the relative purity of oils flowing through a glass condenser or sight glass. This technique paves the way for precision and repeatability, which will yield a more consistent product over time.